. . .

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Brunch at Supper

Supper
926 South St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Neighborhood: Washington Square West

I've heard good things about Supper and was excited to drop by for brunch.  I was let down.  The food was mostly good, but the service was sub-par.

The initial greetings from the hostess was nonexistent, her attitude was far from friendly.  Our waiter acted like it was his first day on the job (maybe it was?) - we encountered several awkward moments with him while ordering and in between each dish.   Oh well, we're all awkward in one way or the other I guess.

I had the hoboken benny with two fried eggs, taylor ham, smoked mozz, garlic pizza knots, oregano hollandaise and tomato jam.  This was quite good. Although I could have done without the tomato jam, which stuck out - flavor wise - like a sore thumb.  I had a bite of the supper dog - pork shoulder wrapped in bacon, deep fried and served with onions, beer mustard and fried pickles.  I'm not a big fan of mustard, but I thought it went well on the supper dog.  Certainly not the choice to make if you're looking for something healthy! Luckily, both of us were in the mood to indulge.



For dessert, we wrapped it up with the housemade piña colada doughnuts with toasted coconut and the chocolate mud pie with chocolate chip ice cream.  The doughnuts were super light yet tasty.  The mud pie was super heavy and yet tasty.  The scoop of chocolate chip ice cream was tiny in comparison to the slice of pie, so make sure you get your share of the ice cream before your brunch mate takes it all!



Tip - if you're coming around the afternoon, make sure you don't sit in the front corner of the restaurant.  The sun will hit you in the eyes like there's no tomorrow.  Alternatively, bring a pair of shades.

If you haven't already, become a fan to get updates on my Yelp reviews!

P.S. The special glow in my pictures is not because it was super sunny outside - just a defect in my iphone's camera. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts! Just be polite :)