. . .

Monday, June 29, 2015

U.S. Trails - To a Drought-Stricken Alamere Falls at Point Reyes National Seashore


For the visually oriented, skip straight to the pictures here.

Four miles in and four miles out. Simple as that. Except, of course, if you miss the left turn that leads into the last 0.4-mile unmaintained portion of the trail. The rest of the route is very well maintained, but that last 0.4 miles requires a little bit of squeezing in between height level vegetation on either side. Despite what other hikers may say, I don't think there was much, if any, poison oak. I was scratched left and right by the vegetation and I'm as itch-less as I can be.


The waterfall was a little bit less impressive and anticlimatic, but maybe that's due to the drought. Regardless, it was a relaxing and leisurely hike. To get to the falls from where the trail ends, I had to do a bit of scrambling down some rocks, but nothing that would scar me for life.



See photos of my Alamere Falls hike here.

Remember: hike at your own risk as your safety is your responsibility.

1 comment:

Don't be shy, share your thoughts! Just be polite :)